Wednesday, July 23, 2014

DIY Birthday T-Shirt

My baby is not a baby anymore, she is about to enter toddlerhood very soon, as in 6 days soon. Just typing it gives me a bit of anxiety. Where did time go? I miss my snuggly baby who loved to cuddle with mama and sleep all the time. She is now on the go go go at all times and mommy still can't get enough of her :D
For the past few weeks I've been a busy bee trying to squeeze in as much crafting time as I could. A few days ago I did this little project that I'm very happy to share with you.

I wanted her to have a personalized outfit for her birthday party, but since it is a one-wear outfit, I didn't want to spend too much on it. That's why I decided to DIY it. I got a pack of plain white shirts and a quarter of a yard of pretty fabric that goes with her birthday theme.



I used some fabric interfacing that I had on hand and cut a square of both the fabric and the interfacing. I ironed them together (rough side of the interfacing facing the fabric) on medium-high and pressed for about 30 seconds until they were bonded together. Then I used my die cutting machine (I have a Silhouette Cameo) to cut a number 1 on the fabric. I simply placed the fabric on the cutting mat (interfacing facing down) and used the cotton fabric setting. If you don't have a die cutting machine you can simply trace the shape you would like to cut (in this case the #1) and just cut it with scissors. Then I proceeded to remove the fabric from the mat, I peeled the interfacing cover and positioned it on the shirt. Once I got it where I wanted it to be, I ironed for 30 seconds again on the same setting and voila!



It was missing something though, so I used one of the itty bitty scraps that were already fused to the interfacing and cut her name using my die cutting machine again.



I followed the same steps and ironed them at the bottom of the number 1.





I love the results! :P It turned out so pretty!!

Now she has a cute shirt for her birthday and it was only around $3.50!!! I call that a win!!

I can't wait to share with you all of the other birthday projects I'm working on!

Besitos,

Marite

Sharing With:

Made to be a momma
Place of my taste
A bowl full of lemons

No comments:

Post a Comment