Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Organization tip and a personalized notebook



Among my new year resolutions for 2014 (can you believe we are almost mid year?) one of my priorities was to become more organized. Fast forward a few months and I found myself in my same old habits. With hubby and I both working full time and a baby that still requires a lot of our attention, there is little time for cleaning and home organization. But I really want my house to look organized, my heart hurts a little bit when I get home and everything is upside down even though I’m also guilty for the messiness.

After feeling like this for months, I thought enough is enough. I got on pinterest (aka the motherload) and pinned a bunch of organization ideas and products. You see, when I get on a kick for something (baking, sewing, crafting, etc) I tend to get a liiiiittle bit obsessed. My husband will probably roll his eyes when he reads this but it is true and I openly admit it, and I love it. I’m crazy like that.

One of the tips that I read was to write everything down. Write down your ideas, your to do’s, your reminders,... you get the idea. This is a great tip, most of the time when something doesn’t get done it is not because I was lazy and didn’t want to do it -however, that DOES happen sometimes- but because I completely forget about it. There are a lot of things in my mind at any time and I forget about a lot of them.

I wanted something that I could carry in my purse so that when i think of something that i have to do i can write it down right in the moment before i forget about it. I found a little notebook that my husband got at a hotel. It was the perfect size but it lacked cuteness. It was plain and had the hotel logo right in the cover, so I gave it a bit of love and ended up with this.



What it did there was remove the logo with some acetone and cotton. The are a lot of nice product  containers that can be re purposed and given a new life by cleaning it and removing any logo.

I decided that it needed a personal touch, so I made a cute label with vinyl and the help of my Silhouette Cameo (I love that little machine). I placed it in the front of my little notebook and this is how it was looking:








It lacked a bit of color though. The solution: a piece of cute paper that I taped to the first page using double side tape.



Ahhh, much better.



I have been using my new, personalized notebook for about 2 weeks now, and I can really tell the difference it makes. I love the feeling of crossing off the items in my lists, it gives me an immediate feeling of gratification. I feel like I am taking action and even if it takes me months before I see a dramatic difference in my home organization, it makes me feel happy. I know these things don’t happen overnight and that the little things are the ones that make all the difference in the long run. So if you are a naturally unorganized person like me, give the “write everything down” tip a try, you will notice the difference.

Besitos,


No comments:

Post a Comment