Friday, February 6, 2015

Painted Cake Stands

Hi everyone!

Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and although I am very excited, I haven't planned anything big to celebrate it. I think I speak for both of us when I say I just want to spend V-day cuddling up and watching a movie at home or something within those lines.

With that said, I have to add that we might be skipping the fancy date night this time but what I will not skip is the obligatory Valentine's dessert for hubby. Like I mentioned in this post, he is a chocolate lover, and Valentine's day is the prefect excuse to bake something yummy for him.

Thinking about desserts got me thinking about a new project that I've been wanting to do for a while now.

I had a set of cake stands that worked perfectly fine, however, they were lacking pizzaz. I liked them, but I didn't looove them. The main problem I had was that the lack of color, so there I went to my craft supplies to look for some paint.



I chose a different color for each one of them and painted the bottom part so that the food doesn't touch the paint.



I let them dry and voila! Love the pop of color!!

*If the paint is still a bit see through, give it another coat*



Now I have pretty stands to put my baked goodies on Valentine's day!

Besitos!












Sharing over here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment